More gameroom action…

So, the day count is up to 8.  Since last posting, the stone step and lower facade has been added:

The interior (old) walls have been removed.  The line on the slab gives you a good idea of the scale of the room before and after.

We’ve also gotten the ceiling re-engineered and sheetrocked.  I ended up having to do a lot of the lighting after discovering that, once sheetrocked, many of the lighting locations would be out of reach for the electrician.  I’ll be working on sheetrocking the walls this week.  From there we get a little break as the next three jobs will be hired out:

  • tape & float (Kel won’t let me…because I suck at it)
  • install outlets/switches (because I don’t like messing with power)
  • flooring

Once those three things are done we’ll be back to add baseboards, door trim, and finish the exterior trim.  I haven’t decided whether I’ll hire a painter or do it myself (inside and outside).  It depends on the weather and the draw of the woods as rifle season is just around the corner.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: